Are you passionate about technology & delivering value to users while setting up and guiding your new DevSecOps/Agile team as a hands-on servant leader? Are you willing to innovate by experimenting (with a growth mindset) then fearlessly inviting feedback for continuous improvement? Are you humble enough to ask for help yet confident in taking initiative to solve problems in collaboration with others?
If so, you may be a good fit for this exciting opportunity to innovate in a mission critical organization.
GovTact is seeking an Agile/DevOps Delivery Lead to serve in a Scrum Master and/or Kanban leadership role supporting USCENTCOM. This leader will embed daily with a delivery team while guiding and coaching that Scrum or Kanban team to transition from waterfall to Agile and DevOps values, principles & practices. To succeed in this role, the agile delivery lead will need to have deep knowledge of agile as well as the team’s technology including but not limited to the following products/tools in order to convince other teams to use them as well.
While the agile delivery lead is primarily a hands-on facilitator, servant leader and coach – together the team and agile/devops delivery lead are responsible together for delivering high quality products and services to executive level customers in Tampa, FL.
Additional Roles/Responsibilities –
- Maintain close working relationships with product owners, other teams, and stakeholders.
- Identify organizational roadblocks that limit team productivity and quality and provide feedback to improve, innovate, and successfully deliver products.
- Due to the size and stage of the agile/devops transition, this person will be expected to consult with other teams to share learning across the organization.
- Collaborate with the agile transition team of other scrum masters / delivery leads, experienced coaches and those facilitating the transition to agility.
- Over time, after setting up his/her first team successfully, the agile/devops delivery lead will be expected to embed with a second team to get them running smoothly on their own.
- Guide a team of both dedicated and matrixed system engineers and infrastructure technologists to successfully deliver significant infrastructure change in a large-scale government enterprise environment.
- Infrastructure enterprise environment includes, but is not limited to, cable plant management, circuit logistics, network, server, applications, voice and A/V builds.
- Requires the use of outstanding communication and soft skills including collaborative leadership skills to influence others, with or without direct authority, and to unite groups with diverse perspectives in order to bring teams to consensus/alignment.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance required, with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
- Must be a U.S Citizen
- Bachelors and nine years or more of demonstrated experience in agile. scrum and/or DevOps activities. Years of experience will also be considered in lieu of degree.
- DevSecOps, Lean, Agile, SCRUM, Design Thinking and other industry leading initiatives
- Experience with (or knowledge of) Cloud automation or DevSecOps necessary to perform the job
- Scheduling and facilitating scrum events, meetings, work sessions, decision-making process, and help resolve conflicts and issues
- Proficient with Agile Lifecycle Management (ALM) tracking tools (i.e. Azure DevOps, Jira)
- Continual direct, timely oral and written communication at the executive level – aligning goals and expectations
- Monitoring and reporting progress and performance and assist teams to make improvements
- Helping product owners and development teams achieve customer satisfaction
- Encourage and guide product owners (customers) to help them do the following: review and write stories, engage directly with the team, answer questions which remove impediments and bring other users or stakeholders to demos for feedback.
- Help others in waterfall environment adjust by monitoring and reporting progress of initiatives against initial expectations and communicating variance between the plan and actual results
- Participate in creation and evolution of tools and templates to optimize organizational efficiencies.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.