Technology is constantly changing, and our adversaries are digitally exceeding law enforcement’s ability to keep pace. Those charged with protecting the United States are not always able to access the evidence needed to prosecute crime and prevent terrorism. In response to this challenge, GovTact is seeking a Cyber Security Technical Writer.
- Supports the technical staff in the development and dissemination of a technical documents including requirements analyses, design documents, manuals, release notes, and network security documents
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Work with technical and/or project leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage.
- Research, create, and maintain information/network architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data/system migration.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
- Create reports/dashboards under the guidance of technical and/or project leads.
- Generate and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- An active Top Secret security clearance required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Literature, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Social Science, Psychology or other related analytical, scientific, or technical discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing, editing, and producing technical and graphical documentation for information technology systems, to include SDDs.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, and Teams
- Experience working directly with government management to create executive briefings.
- Experience coordinating communications between various teams supporting applications with 30K+ users.
- Cyber security industry preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.