MacDill AFB, Tampa, FL
Government Tactical Solutions (GovTact) is currently seeking a a Event Monitoring Technician supporting the C4ES USCENTCOM program at MacDill Air Force Base, located in Tampa, Florida. The Systems Monitoring Technician position requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to effect solutions by applying advanced analysis skills to map customer business challenges to reusable and appropriate end-to-end technology solutions.
- Operate a server maintenance program that provides systems administration, operations and maintenance, and support for all USCENTCOM networks (U.S., allied, and coalition, and of several classification levels), to include servers (physical and virtual), Storage Area Networks (SAN), software applications, firmware, and network security.
- Provide overall enterprise level system administration, planning, and management.
- Manage, monitor, and optimize geographically dispersed networked systems.
- Develop, implement, and document network systems.
- This is a deployable position, with travel both CONUS and OCONUS (i.e. Qatar, Bahrain, etc.) as such, possession and maintenance of a current U.S. passport is required.
Specific Tasks Include:
- The Systems Monitoring Technician acts as central point of contact as Server SME during operational crisis that impact critical systems.
- Focus on SCOM engineering efforts as the Subject Matter Expert for the CENTCOM enterprise.
- Coordinates and leads restoration of services across the enterprise and different technical disciplines.
- Creates post analysis “after action reports” to develop strategies for preventive maintenance, changes to monitoring posture, and changes to event management response procedures.
- Provides direct management oversight of the SCOM Management Console.
- Monitors server based change actions for effects to the network and system performance.
- Performs troubleshooting, Change rollbacks or fix actions accordingly.
- Handles Tier I escalations from Help Desk and PC maintenance personnel. Resolving issues that Tier I personnel are not able to troubleshoot.
- Researches and resolves user issues through direct contact with customer by telephone and walk-in support Takes a leadership role within the EOC.
- Engineers new solutions for problems with no documented resolution. Must provide a written engineering solution to VIP’S and management to resolve issues.
- Monitors Exchange system servers for proper functions to include Outlook Web access for offsite personnel.
- Verify Exchange System Enterprise Vault queues for proper mail archival operations.
- Actively monitors and assures the availability of Virtual Desktop Interfaces so end users can logon to the network with no issues or delays.
- Failover cluster administration and monitoring. Assuring cluster node availability in the event of a system failover by monitoring SCOM alerts and verifying resource availably within the Cluster Admin Console.
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance is required.
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience
- Active Security + certification or 8570 IAT-2 equivalent is required.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM) Exam
- MCITP or obtain the certification within 6 months after hire
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.