Chantilly, VA (Hybrid Remote)
Skill Set Required/Desired
- Angular JS
- Writing APIs
- CI/CD pipeline
The Software Developer shall independently be able to develop and code software solutions that provide needed capabilities in support the RFQ requirements through professional software development to include: data architectures, software assurance, and security; conduct rapid software prototyping to demonstrate and evaluate technologies in relevant environments; conduct performance, security, and other aspects of evaluating software systems; test software capabilities using novel testing and analysis techniques; document software with an emphasis on architectures, user stories, and interface definitions; practice agile software development methods and actively participate on teams of software developers, researchers, designers, and technical leads; support software development infrastructure and assist in building and configuring computing systems and resources; interface with technical community and other government entities to understand challenges, needs, and develop solutions; contribute to improving the overall technical capabilities, by participating in design (software and otherwise) sessions, developing unique capabilities, and sharing insights and practices across government organizations supporting similar missions. The Software Developer shall be able to continuously demonstrate and provide professional services related to the following activities:
- Evaluates and recommends software development platforms and architectures as well as the hardware requirements for the support of development, testing, quality assurance, and production environments.
- Conducts applied research in the areas of current and emerging computer technology for the purpose of integrating appropriate new technological advances into the mission.
- Develops and maintains software development architecture and makes recommendations for improvement. Establishes and documents software development guidelines, coding standards, and conduct training sessions as needed. Conducts code review and diagnoses technical issues reported.
- Writes program code, compiles, debugs, tests, deploys, documents, and implements programs for new and existing systems (COTS/GOTS/OSS/custom developed).
- Serves as a member of a team of programmers responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining several diverse applications. Modifies existing applications when required and resolves technical issues as needed.
- Translates technical specifications into programming specifications.
- Provides input for the configuration of the applications and servers on which application programs run to ensure information security/information assurance principles related to the mission are adequately addressed.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering from an accredited university/college.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.