GovTact is seeking a dedicated Front End Software Engineer to support our Makalu contract. If you are interested and passionate about developing new products and components using modern technologies, then this opportunity is for you! You will be working in a fast-paced, start-up like atmosphere with new development in an agile environment.
On Team Makalu, typical responsibilities include proactively designing the architecture for new components, while also suggesting ways to improve the application and overall UI/UX. Our team works closely together with on-site and remote engineers developing front-end applications and back-end microservices, all dedicated to creating the best products and user experience possible.
- Day-to-day expectations include solving challenging, but rewarding technical problems, meeting program objectives within the agile development cycle, suggesting ways to improve UX/UI and the software baseline, and introducing new ways to meet mission needs.
- Be part of an agile team where communication skills and the ability to execute within the established development process are paramount to your and the team’s success.
- Work on new technologies, striving to stay customer-focused and thriving on challenges to build new UI applications.
- Utilize industry proven design patterns and open source tools.
- Contribute to a positive and upbeat team atmosphere.
- An active TS/SCI clearance with CI Poly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related major, or graduation from a coding bootcamp
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience using REST-based web services.
- Experience working as a member of a development team participating in the complete product development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
- Familiarity with Node.js and the NPM package ecosystem.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Linux environment and Linux shell scripting.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and software CM processes / tools (Subversion, GIT, JIRA, Confluence).
- Understanding of UI/UX best practices.
- Security +, or other IAT II qualified security certification (within 3 months of hire)
- A passion for creating beautiful, engaging, intuitive, efficient and highly usable user interfaces.
- Familiarity with Svelte Framework.
- Familiarity with real-time communication mechanisms such as WebSockets.
- Familiarity with Node, Cesium, and/or OpenLayers.
- Familiarity with Spring, Docker, and/or Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of microservices based architecture.
- Familiarity with emerging trends in desktop, web, and mobile app development.
- Experience with deployments, dev ops, and / or AWS Experience with Git.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.