GovTact is supporting US SOUTHERN COMMAND. Our program supports SOUTHCOM’s entire IT enterprise providing technology services to over 10000 users spread across 30+ countries. We are looking for an Incident Response Analyst. Responsibilities:
The individual chosen for this role will be responsible to investigate, analyze, and respond to cyber threats, events and incidents within a network environment or enclave.
- Use data collected from a variety of cyber defense tools (e.g., IDS alerts, firewalls, network traffic logs) to analyze events that occur within their environments for the purposes of mitigating threats. Interpret, analyze, and report all threats, events and anomalies in accordance with computer network directives, including initiating, responding, and reporting discovered events.
- Evaluate, test, recommend, coordinate, monitor, and maintain cybersecurity policies, procedures, and systems, including access management for hardware, firmware, and software.
- Ensure that cybersecurity plans, controls, processes, standards, policies, and procedures are aligned with cybersecurity standards. Identify information technology threats, security risks and exposures, determine the causes of security violations and suggests procedures to halt future incidents and improve security.
- Develop techniques and procedures for conducting cybersecurity risk assessments and compliance audits, the evaluation and testing of hardware, firmware and software for possible impact on system security, and the investigation and resolution of security incidents such as intrusion, frauds, attacks or leaks. May coach and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals.
- May serve as a team or task lead.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of experience and training. 5+ years of experience, preferably in IT Security.
- 8570 Compliance – CISSP, CEH, Sec+ or CySA+.
- NOTE: 24x7x365 Mission. Involves providing round clock monitoring. 8 Hour shift rotations (3 8-hour shifts). Shifts are rotated, first voluntarily and mandatory if necessary to ensure full coverage.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.