Crystal City, VA
Technology is constantly changing, and our adversaries are digitally “going dark” at a rate that is exceeding law enforcement’s ability to keep pace. Those charged with protecting the United States are not always able to access the evidence needed to prosecute crime and prevent terrorism. In response to this challenge, we are seeking a Microsoft SQL DBA & Data Warehouse Engineer in Crystal City, VA.
- Provide SQL Server/Database development and administration support in fast moving, secure, DevOps environment.
- Provide engineering/operational maintenance and upgrades for SQL Servers, databases and a data warehouse to include: developing custom scripts to automate various database management processes, monitoring and tune the systems to achieve optimum DB/DW performance levels; developing, optimizing, and tuning stored procedures, functions, triggers, views, and queries, in support of the client’s business intelligence and analytic applications.
- Maintain and improve the database schema, database design, and transition development activities.
- Resolve various database issues, to include problems with data modeling, design, queries, security control, backup/restore, disaster recovery, and import/export data, as well as coordinate with data ingest efforts.
- Be proficient in T-SQL from development to administration.
- Use Microsoft Enterprise SQL features such Always On, SSRS, and SSIS (data warehousing).
- Support SQL development including creating and designing SSRS Reports, SSIS Packages, and Team Foundation Server with Visual Studio.
- Perform Database Design and Data Cleansing with SSIS and ETL with different data sources.
- Collaborate with the Application Development team, Testing team, other IT departments, and subject matter experts to improve database/data warehouse performance.
- Maintain and monitor third party product and custom databases.
- Conduct hardware and software audits of servers and databases to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develop, implement, and promote standard operating procedures and schedules. Research and recommends process improvements and industry best practices.
- Schedule installations, upgrades, and patches in accordance with IT policies and procedures.
- Ensure data/media recoverability by supporting scheduled system backups and database archive operations.
- Ensure systems documentation and configuration management records are current.
- Be resourceful, a problem solver, and methodical.
- Must have an active Top-Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility and the ability to obtain a polygraph
- 10 years of experience with programming and database management including scripting
- You have three (3) to five (5) years of experience designing, engineering, and administering SQL Server or Oracle databases.
- You have three (3) to five (5) years of experience creating complex queries, stored procedures, functions, and reports using SQL or Oracle.
- You have 3 years of experience with Data Modeling.
- You have 5 years of experience with SSIS.
- You have 3 years of experience with Microsoft PowerShell and Power-BI
- Data Modeling, either SQL or Oracle.
- Data warehouse architecture, implementation, and O&M
- Microsoft PowerShell and Power-BI
- High-availability, fail overs, backups, scaling and clustering operational systems
- Splunk 8.0 or later
- Service Fabric
- Leveraging Azure and/or AWS cloud services
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.