- Assist in creating evaluating, designing, ordering, configuration, and deployment of network LAN devices and replacement of defective gear
- Assist in the coordination of site hardware network refreshes to include preparing change request, inventory, and updating network schematics using Visio
- Configure network equipment prior to shipping to site locations and ensure that all configurations are 100% accurate.
- Ensure that all new networking equipment is added or configured with the appropriate network tools such as Solarwinds
- Provide technical recommendations to improve customer network architecture
- Provide Tier 2 troubleshooting support of outage and networking/circuit issues
- Proactively monitor network related issues reporting issues to management and customers
- Utilize ServiceNow for ticket tracking
- 5+ Years Experience in Information Technology
- Experienced in configuring CISCO Routers and Firewalls
- Experienced in CCNA Routing concepts (RIP, IGRP, BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP),subnetting, network infrastructure layers, and TCP/IP routing protocols
- Familiar with Telnet, Putty, Cisco ISE, and other networking tools
- Two years’ experience in computer networking in mission critical environments
- Experience in working and coordinating with ISP support and engineering teams in an enterprise environment
- Proficient knowledge of the installation of network switching hardware, including testing of ethernet cables, fibers, fiber connectors, patch panels, and rack equipment
- Two years’ experience in LAN/WAN
- Experienced in Microsoft Windows Environment and Office Products
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making, and attention to detail
Security Clearance Requirements: Applicants MUST HAVE an active SECRET security clearance.
Other Requirements: Must be able to travel at least 50%
•Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, officemachinery, etc.
•Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as copy machine and computer printer
•Often positions self to maintain computers in the lab, including under the desks and in the server/networking closet
•Use of common tools or power tools to repair, put together server racks and other hardware devices
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.