- Research, design and implement security solutions for network infrastructure
- Engineer network solutions for new & existing systems.
- Provide day-to-day network engineering and operations support
- Work with advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Challenge with working on complex technical problems and providing innovative solutions.
- Work with highly experienced and technical resources.
- All other duties as assigned or directed.
Key Required Skills:
Python, Perl, F5 Load Balancer Configuration/Administration
- 7 years of experience with designing, configuring, managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting network switching and routing protocols in a large enterprise network (5000+ nodes).
- 7 years of experience with configuring and managing Load Balancers, switches, routers, firewalls
- 7 years of experience with Network Monitoring/IPAM (i.e., SolarWinds, NetFlow)
- 7 years of physical communication troubleshooting skills using cabling and signaling analyzer, packet capture and analysis
- 5 years of experience and knowledge of Cisco IOS and Cisco Nexus Operating systems
- years of experience with WAN Optimization using Riverbed and trace tools like Wireshark
- 3 years of experience with a high-level scripting language such as Python or Perl
- 3 years of experience with Gigamon
- Advanced experience with architecting, designing, deploying, and operating network elements such as DNS/IPAM; Firewalls; Network Access Control Solutions (NAC); load balancing; DDoS mitigation, tapping/sniffing infrastructures; and NTP
- Advanced WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, VPN, Ethernet Skills
- Extensive EIGRP, BGP4, RIP, VPLS, MPLS and OSPF Routing Protocol knowledge
- Active Cisco CCNP (or higher) certification
- Experience with IPv6 (SLAAC and DHCPv6)
- Experience with Dynatrace
- Experience configuring Zero Trust networks
- Solid understanding of internetworking: security, routing, switching, SAN and application networking
- Experience with Microsoft Server and Linux Administration
- Expertise in the Linux command-line environment.
- Experience with server hardware to include Dell, HP, or Cisco UCS
- Experience with virtualization solutions (i.e., VMWare).
- Experience documenting network information including of all switching and routing equipment, connected IP-addressable devices and cabling interconnects
- Ability to produce operational documentation using industry best practices in technical writing.
- Experience in using MS Visio, Project.
- Active Cisco CCIE, CCNP certification
- Knowledge, skills and abilities creating and managing automation scripts to manage Network as a Service (Software Defined Networking (SDN), Load Balancers, firewalls, etc.
- Experience developing best practice project plans, engineering scripts, and documentation for network performance management.
- Prior Federal government experience
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual who adapts and isn’t afraid to volunteer in a dynamic work environment
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities
- Knowledge of relational databases and ability to construct and debug SQL queries
- Typically requires BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or master’s with 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.