Remote (must be located in Baltimore/Washington region)
We are looking for a Python Automation/AWS Engineer with 6+ years of experience for a high-visibility, fast-paced project. The candidate will be responsible to provide support for daily operations and maintenance of a federal customer network that includes Linux EC2 instances, S3 storage buckets, Syslog and CloudWatch logging and other AWS services. This individual will be responsible for configuring, modifying and manage Linux servers, including OS patching and upgrading, that support multiple applications. This individual will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and applications environments. This individual will ensure that all system and related procedures adhere to organizational values for a program supporting a federal customer. This individual will be responsible for configuring, modifying and manage some windows servers and users, including OS patching and upgrading, Work with system architects, network engineers, system engineers, software developers and database administrators to maintain/build servers and to perform troubleshooting, root cause analysis, problem analysis, and resolution of issues as they arise. Participate in all aspects of network and system operations on a daily basis including team meeting and troubleshooting calls. Keep team leads informed of status and potential areas of concern. Coordination with business and technology teams on system/software requirements. Create/update system/software documentation. Research and make suggestions on the deployment of emerging technologies.
- Strong Python/Unix Scripting. Ansible and AWS CloudFormation.
- Experience configuring, modifying and manage some windows servers and users, including OS patching and upgrading.
- Experience with installation of COTs products.
- Experience with shell scripting and Linux administration including ssh, scp, rsync, sudo and some shell scripting.
- Implementation and troubleshooting AWS services like VPCs, EC2, S3, AWS Backups, etc. TCP/IP protocol suite including IPv4, subnetting and TCP/UDP ports.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to create/maintain system/software diagrams/documents using various tools including MS Visio or DrawIO.
- Experience in evaluating solution alternatives, design and communicating recommendations to the program team.
- Strong development skills on other script-based languages such as Java Script,
- Experience using/ maintaining/ and customizing Git, Subversion, and Jenkins.
- Linux monitoring/troubleshooting tools (Nagios, top, lsof, netstat, iftop, etc.)
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
Typical Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4 to 6 years of relevant professional experience. Candidate must have stayed in USA for the past 3 consecutive years.
Remote; must be located in the Balt/Washington area. May return to office work and/or have to service onsite.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.