- Ability to read and comprehend the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff Instruction and Manuals 5760.01, Vols I and II, CCR 25-50 Records Management Policy and Executive Order 12958 as Amended, Classified National Security Information documents and apply schedules while processing records in to CENTCOM’s Electronic Records Management Application (ERMA).
- Responsible for reviewing, arranging and describing records from Iraq, Afghanistan and other forward locations within the Command’s Area of Responsibility (AOR); researching and interpreting information for retention and providing search-ability for historical, litigation, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) purposes by processing records in to the Command’s ERMA.
- Collect and preserve all records that document all aspects of USCENTCOM’s activities including the subordinate commands official records in order to comply with the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff Instruction and Manuals 5760.01, Vols. I and II. Disposition Schedule, and NARA (National Archives and Records Administration).
- Conducts records retrieval functions; must understand organization of information structure within the Command.
- Upon request of the Government, participate in Staff Assistance Visits (SAVs) for HQ USCENTCOM to ensure proper records management. The SAVs provide a comprehensive measurement of organizational compliance with all applicable records management regulations, and provide formal documentation as to compliance, discrepancies, and suggestions for improvement.
- Operates computer systems and devices, telephone, standard office equipment and printer/scanner.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of progressive functional experience related to the areas described above.
- Requires basic experience as an Administrative Clerk, background or degree in History, Information Science, Library Science, Military (Information Management).
- Most recent functional experience must have occurred between 2005 and present.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Maintain confidentiality
- Write and speaks clearly and concisely
- Work with minimal supervision
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Work as a team with professional attitude and communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize conflicting demands
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and mission
- 7+ years of experience
- Experience with utilization of the Micro Focus Content Manager formerly knowns as Hewlett Packard’s Total Records and Information Management (HP TRIM) software is helpful.
Certifications: National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) certification
Education: High School Diploma. Associates Degree.
40-Hour Workweek, M-F, normal duty hours
Adjusted schedules during travel times, depending on mission.
Travel Estimated: No travel is planned or expected, but could be required on an as needed basis by customer
Must possess and maintain current U.S. passport.
Limited to per diem allowed in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulations/Federal Travel Regulations (JTR/FTR) for pre-approved travel if required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.