Candidate will support Defense Operations within customer network/IT infrastructure. Will analyze data collected from a variety of cyber defense tools (e.g., IDS alerts, firewalls, network traffic logs) to identify events that occur for the purposes of mitigating threats.
Responsibilities include interpretation, analysis, and delivering reports in regards to all event(s) and anomalies in accordance with computer network directives.
Additional Responsibilities may include:
- Evaluates, tests, recommends, coordinates, monitors, and maintains cybersecurity policies, procedures, and systems, including access management for hardware, firmware, and software
- Ensures that cybersecurity plans, controls, processes, standards, policies, and procedures are aligned with cybersecurity standards
- Identifies security risks and exposures, determines the causes of security violations and suggests procedures to halt future incidents and improve security
- Develops techniques and procedures for conducting cybersecurity risk assessments and compliance audits, the evaluation and testing of hardware, firmware and software for possible impact on system security, and the investigation and resolution of security incidents such as intrusion, frauds, attacks or leaks
- May coach and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals
- May serve as a team or task lead
- BA/BS or equivalent, 5+ years of experience (additional years of experience can substitute for lack of degree).
- Must have certifications that meet 8570 Compliance. (I.e. IAT level II compliant certification and a CSSP compliant Certification).
- Experience with Endpoint Security Administration
- Role is susceptible to Shift hours (24/7) and shift rotations, must be willing to work shifts.
- Must be familiar JFHQ-DODIN Tasking Operations
- Must be proficient and possess a strong knack for verbal and written abilities.
Prefer a Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI level access. Must have clearance (and relevant certifications) prior to start in role. Must be able to obtain TS/SCI eventually.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.