Technology is constantly changing, and our adversaries are digitally “going dark” at a rate that is exceeding law enforcement’s ability to keep pace. Those charged with protecting the United States are not always able to access the evidence needed to prosecute crime and prevent terrorism. In response to this challenge, we are seeking a Senior Java Developer to provide proven, industry leading capabilities to our customer.
- Creating a custom ingest pipeline to a Big Data platform with consistent performance and scalability
- Understanding of programming and data engineering concepts and best practice.
- Experience working with both structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data to include data parsing, transformation, schema definition, and query/analysis.
- Ability to manage and organize data while identifying trends and inconsistencies that will impact downstream analytics
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- High levels of curiosity, creativity, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with data pipelines or be willing to learn a pipeline from bottom to top
- Be able to trouble shoot files against an architecture to see where the upload process is failing.
- Be able to understand unit tests and add to them to increase stability to the entire pipeline.
- Be prepared to use, GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Anaconda, Spyder, and Microsoft tools.
- Be prepared to express ideas and solutions and walk together with teammates through coding challenges
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance
- 8 years of experience with programming and software development including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assurance, troubleshooting and/or upgrading of software systems.
- 4 years of experience using Java software.
- Experience with the AWS and Data Ingest/Transformation processes
- Have knowledge of Databricks.
- Have experience with SQL and its associated tables and queries
- Have worked in an Agile environment
- You have worked on teams that practice Agile methodologies.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.