- Operates and maintains CA environment with a focus on Salesforce Application support.
- Works with EIO database and infrastructure teams, other contractor teams and partner organizations to establish and maintain CA systems.
- Performs root cause analysis and documents all existing and potential problems and outages associated with corrective actions.
- Ensures that all problems/incidents are logged into the Ticket Management System and managed.
- Participate in planning meetings to execute proactive system upgrades and new technology implementations.
- Update government task manager (GTM) on production issues and initiatives.
- Actively look for opportunities to automate routine processes.
- Review SOPs for procedures related to maintaining CA operational capability.
- Work with staff to document procedures with a focus on Salesforce application issues and troubleshooting.
- Ensure staff is trained in procedures and responsibilities.
- Ensure staff is actively monitoring system and responding to incidents as reported.
- Special attention paid to systems that are not part of automatic monitoring.
- Identify CA components that can be monitored by with Zabbix/Grafana/Splunk dashboards and alerts, or other systems as identified.
- Coordinate with monitoring team on updates to CA servers and configurations that affect monitoring services (new/removed servers, sites).
- Coordinate with development and database teams on planning and implementation of upgraded or new components.
- Maintain list of scheduled production events – ensure timing does not conflict with operations requirements.
- Provide required notifications of upcoming deployments.
- Provide weekly activity report of recent and upcoming activity. Identify issues that need to be addressed with the client.
- Provide weekly supplements of a incidents handled by staff.
- Provide daily notification of today’s activities, on-going or just-completed incidents, and imminent upcoming events.
- Requires US Citizenship and at a minimum an active SECRET Government Security Clearance with the ability to obtain TOP SECRET.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-10 years experience or Masters degree and 6-8 years experience or high school diploma/equivalent and 12 years relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience in application support.
- Deep understanding of Salesforce Application support and deployments.
- Deep understanding of Tier 2 Windows and/or Linux OS installation and configuration issues.
- Understanding of multi-tier applications that interface with RDMSs (relational database management systems) such as Oracle.
- Experience working with custom applications and troubleshooting issues in a client server environment.
- Ability to Support Service Now tickets related to Department of State, Consular Affairs systems and applications.
- Experience working with web-based applications running on Apache and/or IIS.
- Experience working with Department of State.
- Experience desired working with Salesforce application installations and troubleshooting.
- Experience desired working with Siebel and Open Shift container / application environment.
- Experience desired working application support and deployments in a cloud environment.
Shift: Third shift, Tuesday-Saturday. Weekend work required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.