This Software Developer position is on our DISA Navy Circuit Management Office contract out of Suffolk, Virginia
The position is full time and is considered hybrid position as telework is permitted one day per week.
This position supports the design, development, and maintenance for the Navy Circuit Information Management Tool Set (CIMTS). The goal of CIMTS is to improve visibility, operational and financial management of enterprise circuits.
- Active Secret security clearance (or higher)
- Current Security+ CE certification
- Bachelors of Science degree or higher in Information Technology (such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Cloud Computing, Software Development) or equivalent in a related field
- Three (3) or more years of experience as a software developer
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server database technologies
- Publishing and deploying web applications to an IIS web server
- Experience working with Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture a plus
- Experience with AJAX and Bootstrap a plus
- Experience with NHibernate or Entity Framework Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) technology a plus
- Experience in developing applications for the Navy or Department of Defense
- Collaborate with team members and customers to gather and formally document requirements and design for CIMTS and NNIC web applications
- Leverage tools including SQL Developer, Microsoft Visual Studio, and IDEs such as Visual Studio Code
- Develop back-end database code using Microsoft SQL Server
- Present prototype solutions to the customer and incorporate feedback
- Provide technical assistance for maintaining existing production web and database servers
- Document and update standard operating procedures for the software development life cycle
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.