GovTact is seeking a software developer or Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) person who wants to expand their background by being exposed to multiple development processes and learn how to apply system software safety techniques. This position assists the government to oversee and evaluate the system development and safety programs for Submarine Ship Control Systems (SCS) and lithium battery Common Battery Management System (CBMS) programs.
- Analyze and review current software and related documentation from a safety perspective. i.e., specifications, requirements, interface documents, test documents
- Assist in the research and analysis of existing systems and program requirements; assist in preparing documentation to change existing programs
- Perform data analysis to support internal and external project
- Code analysis, test, debug, and document basic programs
- Design basic programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs
- Write specifications for programs
- Assist in resolving routine production support problems
- Assist in the completion of unit testing by preparing test data, running tests and evaluating results. Develop safety tests and debug problems. Develop test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Conduct routine quality assurance activities such as peer reviews
- Remain abreast of and research industry technical trends to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards
- Secret Security clearance required
- BS degree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics
- 3 to 10 years of experience
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.