Government Tactical Solutions, LLC “GovTact” is seeking a Software Developer to support our government customer in Washington, DC.
- Exhibits technical insight and understanding in multiple fields and disciplines with an in-depth facility in analytic development.
- Candidate must have experience developing analytics. Will analyze the cloud infrastructure needs of the Company’s product units and transversal functions.
- Work closely with other engineering teams.
- Work with automating build pipelines, migrations, security and compliance in the cloud.
- Provide support to define, implement and manage a cloud-based infrastructure.
- Perform tool administrative tasks and provide application support for our platform.
- Work closely with business technology peers and management emphasizing collaboration and joint effort to ensure that the needs and expectations of organizational stake holders, business partners, external customers, and third-party organizations are met and/or exceeded.
- A current U.S. Government Security Clearance is highly desired, but not required on day 1. Will be processed for a clearance and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. Can also consider candidates with a current Secret or TS+ level clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline (i.e. computer science, engineering, mathematics, etc.). Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- 8+ years of experience in Analytic Software Development preferred but will also consider Cloud Engineering / Computing / Software Engineering
- Experience in streaming and/or batch analytics (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Flink, Storm, MapReduce, Hadoop)
- Experience in distributed databases, NoSQL databases, full text-search engines (e.g. Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Solr)
- Experience in designing enterprise APIs
- Experience in RESTful web services
- Experience in Microservices architecture
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigms
- Experience in cloud-based technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Experience in Modern Java Frameworks and Libraries (e.g. Spring, Guava)
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Git, Nexus, Maven)
- Experience with the agile software lifecycle
- Has a proven ability to learn quickly and works well both independently as well as in a team setting
- Prior experience building up and/or leading a team of software engineers
- Ability to work on-site 3-5 days a week. This is subject to change, but the current schedule is hybrid on-site 3 days a week on average.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.