MacDill AFB, Tampa, FL
Government Tactical Solutions (GovTact) is currently seeking a Sr. Software Engineer located at MacDill AFB Tampa, FL.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for designing web infrastructure, development and maintenance of software applications, autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, web services, scripts, and utility programs. Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and provide technical expertise. Determines user needs, programming techniques and controls requirement, prepares operating instructions and user guide. Ensures development meets software standards and security compliance.
- Architect, develop, and release custom software solutions, web-based application systems, and web services as per requirements and security compliance
- Develop stored procedures for SQL Server databases
- Perform daily operations and maintenance tasks, to include maintaining web servers and sites, troubleshooting issues, responding to service desk ticket escalations, and debugging and documenting legacy systems
- Troubleshoot infrastructure integration with IIS servers and configuration
- Understand active directory authentication integration.
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret required to start.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a web developer or software engineer
- CompTIA certification required for DoD 8570 compliance
- Significant experience with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) management, troubleshooting application and web server errors, and IIS security compliance
- Experience with infrastructure, active directories authentication, group policies, domain name services, ACLs and their integration with web server
- Experience with application configuration, release and deployment on the web server
- Extensive web development experience using MVC, JSON, JQuery, HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding of OAuth authorization services in ASP.Net 5 or 6
- Extensive experience with SQL server development, stored procedures and TSQL
- Experience with writing PowerShell Scripts
- Understanding of F5
- Must be able to apply software development principles, concepts, and techniques including software design patterns, test methods, and integration practices
- Knowledgeable of Information security for Web Site Administration as per Web Server Security Technical Implementation Guide
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented design and n-tier development
- SQL Reporting Services experience desired
- Experience using Agile development methodologies
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office tools including Visio
- Desire experience with cloud architecture
- Familiarity with git-based source control
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment where each day provides a new set of challenges under short time constraints involving complex network configuration and/or troubleshooting requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with stakeholders to define system requirements
- Knowledge of U.S. Department of Defense security requirements, regulations, policies, and procedures
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.