MacDill Airforce Base, Tampa, FL
This position provides System Integration Engineering Support to the Headquarters, U.S. Central Command on MacDill AFB in Tampa, Florida. The engineer is responsible for surveying, designing, integrating, implementing, testing, and documenting computer systems for worldwide enterprise-class networks in support of the USCENTCOM mission.
The integration engineer will be responsible for advancing the enterprise design to include Data Center upgrades, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, SAN, MS and CISCO based systems upgrades. This includes testing, documentation, and integration of end-user compute with the enterprise, ensuring compatibility with existing COTS and GOTS applications.
The integration engineer will be responsible for tier-three operations escalation support during break/fix situations involving the workstation baseline. The integration engineer may support patching, upgrading, and securing the image for regular update releases into production.
The integration engineer will also support other engineering activities and projects in a very diverse and fast-paced test and integration environment. General duties will include:
- Plans, implements, tests, documents, and maintains solutions to total systems or subsystems using internally created and/or commercial off-the-shelf products
- Prepares engineering plans and site installation technical design packages
- Coordinates the analysis, acquisition and installation of hardware and software
- Gathers and analyzes data to support the development of system requirements
- Provides post-installation and integration support to the operations team
- Develops work plans, procedures, and estimates as they relate to systems integration tasks and team members
- Interfaces with various team members to implement tasks according to the project management schedule
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends systems, equipment, and technologies to meet system requirements
- Develops technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Extensive experience installing, upgrading, troubleshooting, and integrating CISCO, VMWare, and Microsoft systems
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office tools, to include Visio and Project
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment where each day provides a new set of challenges under short time constraints involving complex network configuration and/or troubleshooting requirements
- Knowledge of U.S. Department of Defense security requirements, regulations, policies, and procedures
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a system integrator, system engineer, or senior system administrator with focus on Data Center Systems.
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification required for DoD 8570 compliance
- At least one relevant and current Microsoft professional certification
Desired Education and Skills:
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification desired
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Virtualization experience, specifically with VMware vSphere and VMware Horizon View, a strong plus
- Microsoft Certified Professional a plus
- CCNA Certification
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.