Primary Responsibilities:Support CENTRIX Network from a Systems Administration Perspective.
- Oversee systems operations & maintenance of enterprise-wide systems to ensure scalability and accessibility of applications or services.
- Participate in and/or lead major server installations and upgrades.
- Develop and implement systems testing strategies and document results.
- Configuration management, software testing/deployment and licensing.
- Server creation, maintenance and troubleshooting (Linux, ESXi, VMware, Windows).
- WSUS Patch Management/Testing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
- Research and Evaluation.
- Develop Technical Documentation.
- Software Support/Maintenance.
- Certificate Authority Management (Application and CSfC)
- Perform administrator and operational duties on computer systems, including monitoring and troubleshooting daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual automated job streams, and manually following and executing work instructions for various financial systems.
- Analyze, evaluate, and test software/hardware problems
- Develop and maintain systems configuration, STIG mitigation and GPO.
- Proactively monitors server environment and performance and reports operational status.
- Perform systems/network maintenance (patching/patch management) per guidelines.
- Develops scripts and tools to automate and improve user support activities.
- Regularly performs required and recommended systems maintenance.
- Participates in related solution technologies and special projects, as required.
- Provides guidance/training to administrators, staff, and end-users on the assigned systems.
- Travels to overseas locations to install, troubleshoot CENTRIXS related issues
- Provides status updates and briefings to program management and Government customer(s), as required. Completes activity reports in accordance with contract requirements.
- Develops advanced technical solutions for the management of software, hardware, configurations, and architectures. Provides interpretation to systems matters that are highly complex in nature.
- Provides troubleshooting support for system hardware and software issues that are highly difficult in scope.
- Follows designated standards and adheres to processes and policies.
- Provides configuration management support in accordance with compliance and policies and procedures, using configuration management systems to record, track, monitor, and update component configurations and configuration items and changes and account for assets.
- Develops training materials for end user training on the proper use of hardware and software.
- Develops implementation plans for basic software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Leads complex data/media recoverability following a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Use advanced techniques in hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Helps to develop performance and security plan for computer systems that meet the needs of network users. Provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Recognized subject matter expert in job area typically through advanced education and work experience. Establishes operational plans. Manages large projects which will have medium to large impact on the company. Problems faced are difficult and often complex.
- Work performed is critical to the organization.
- Uses advanced knowledge in evaluating and assessing existing network systems and planning long-term strategies.
- IAT level II Compliant certification (i.e. Security+ CE, SSCP etc.). Full list here of IAT level II compliant certs: https://public.cyber.mil/cw/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline– certifications/
- MS AZ-104 or MCSA 2016 or VMware related computing environment certifications.
VMware Desktop Management 2022 (VCP-DTM 2022)
BA/BS (or equivalent experience)
Prefer a Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI level access. We can sponsor if individual has all of the other qualifications we seek. Must have clearance (and relevant certifications) prior to start in role. Must be able to obtain TS/SCI eventually.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GovTact and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.